Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's been awhile... sorry...

So, it's been awhile since I posted. Since then:

a. Nothing much in my life has changed. My life is depressingly monotonous and the ONLY thing keeping me going is knowing that I'm saving money to move to Santa Fe to pursue my dream. And I love my dream. And I love Santa Fe. So that's 'enough.'

b. I found out that Kendrick (my BUDDY) will NOT be waiting for me in Santa Fe as I'd hoped. Such is life...

c. I made a great friend (Scotty) who I love and adore. I also re-love CLAIRE, one of my good friends who has made a big comeback in my life recently. And I shared the most beautiful night ever (the night of the big snowstorm) with both of them last weekend, along with our friend Colleen... all of them were GREAT sports about a 3am impromptu snowstorm photo shoot in the park, and I got this great (albeit POSED) shot of Scott and Claire...


You can check out more shots from the night, including some shit shots from the bar before the shoot and the snowball fight randomly following the shoot at:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/klenz1024/snowstorm/

Well, it's quarter after six in the morning and I'm still up. Being nocturnal does not sit well with me. I either can't sleep, can't wake up, or can't tell if I'm asleep or awake (the scariest of all.) For years I have been dying to know how it would feel to master 'lucid dreaming,' AKA being able to consciously control your dreams. Ok... I figured it out. It sucks. I'm dying to go back to SLEEP and AWAKE with no grey area but it doesn't look likely. All I know right now is that I need to be AWAKE for work. Besides that - I'm out. And the kicker is that I'm almost AFRAID to go to sleep because it usually ends up in a restless half asleep/half awakeness that sucks more than just being awake and tired.

I have a ski trip next week, leaving the day after Christmas and returning the 29th... hopefully that time back on a NORMAL schedule will help re-align my sleep patterns, and I'm hoping to be back to a routine come the new year. Unfortunately, 'closing' at work is the only way to make the money I need, but after closing I can't fall asleep until 5am (at the earliest). Maybe my new promotion at work will mean more hours in the day so that I can stop closing so much. At least, I sure am hoping it will....

I hope that everyone has a phenomenal holiday and a safe and FUN New Years... I'll be working this New Years Eve... I'm gonna miss my 'last' New Year's with my friends but the money is too promising to pass up. If anyone needs plans for the night, gimme a call... God knows I would appreciate the company that night!

No comments: