Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A semi-productive weekend before a CRAZY week.

So this past weekend I had the opportunity to do family portraits for my mother's friend, Marilee, and her husband and two kids. We went to McClumpha Park in Plymouth... it really was fun. I mean, not enough fun to make me wanna do family and kid's portraits for a living, but enough fun that I'm not going to kill myself if I do a few more of these before January.

The little girl, Alli, so absolutely adorable and she was a total ham for the camera, so I was able to get some really great shots of her.


As step one of my new plan to get myself out of total misery, I put in my two weeks notice at the portrait studio last week. My last day there will be next Wednesday. I also started my new job at Bar Louie today... I had orientation this afternoon and I start training tomorrow. Hopefully working there 30-35 hours a week (nights and weekends) and shooting during the day will make for a much happier Karen...

So, speaking of happier Karen... here's some things that make me happy right now.









From my favorite online comic at http://www.wkcd.com


This commercial is just funny. I think it's their faces.

Kevin Spacey doing Christopher Walken. Almost as funny as Jay Mohr's impressions, but I can't seem to find that online anywhere.



JULIE BLACKMON. I mean, of course I know and love her "Domestic Vacations" portfolio... It was awesome to see the prints at PhotoEye this past summer. But I'm even more in love with her "Mind Games" portfolio of square-format black and white images.... gorgeous...



I'm lovin' the design of this photographer's online portfolio. And this one's (the music can go.)






I was going to volunteer but it appears that there's already something in my mouth: Vomit.






'Nuff for tonight. Gotta get some sleep. I have to work two jobs tomorrow AND make it home in time for the SEASON PREMIERE OF THE SARAH SILVERMAN PROGRAM! Yay!

No comments: