Saturday, October 20, 2007

the week, in review

So it's been a long, painfully boring week. On Sunday I woke up at the asscrack of dawn to drive out to Chelsea to do some family portraits. Altogether it was uneventful, the kids (2 year olds) did NOT want to cooperate - but that's usual for that age kid. It just further cemented my conviction that I do NOT want to do children's portraits for a living, ever.

But, again, cute little girl...




I basically worked all week... well, at least Sunday through Wednesday. All nights... all either closing or last cut. They're loooong shifts, too - at least for restaurant shifts. If I close it's about 9 total hours I'm running around. But I'm making very good money, and I'm finally back on my feet financially and I'm even able to be saving money, which is awesome. I suppose the fact that I have no social life whatsoever isn't hurting the situation either.

Yesterday I stayed home all day and worked on the shoot and some promotional things I've been getting going. At least I had the 2am visit from the cops to liven up the day a bit (see last post.)

Today I slept in a bit, got some laundry and cleaning down, and then went to my gramma's to visit her and Uncle Murphy. Just so you know, Uncle Murphy is my gramma's Shitzu puppy. He's about the cutest dog in the world... as you can see. After that I went shopping at local thrift stores for pieces for my Halloween costume. Continuing my 'pop-culture heroes of the 1980s' theme from last year I'm going as PUNKY BREWSTER. Easier said than done, but if I can pull of Rainbow Brite then I can do this. I got a couple of pieces that'll work, including two pairs of differently colored Converse hi-top All Stars (ol' school chucks!) Then Amy and I met at her parent's house in Dearborn and went shopping (I bought new jeans for work) and ate/drank at Chili's.

See, told you my life was boring!

No comments: